Wednesday, June 3, 2015

Social Media and "old lead"

So, it's been quite a while
and I've been absent. I'm guiltily of hanging out on Facebook, a place, I once dreaded and refused to join. I discovered there are a number of great miniature groups and personalities who frequent FB, and have been fortunate enough to even chat with a few. Notably, sculptor John Dennett, formally of Grenadier Models. I was pleased to find he is still sculpting (although in larger scale) and plans on revisiting fantasy, including a series of 54mm Orcs. My favorite group currently is "Old School miniatures" Us regular folks along with many of the current industry pros all share and talk about what we love most...old lead ;)
And some WIP of miniatures sculpted by John Dennett and Andrew Chernak



2 comments:

Finch said...

Superb work, sir. Simply gorgeous.

Dennett is one of my favorites too.

Knightmare Games said...

Really love this kind of pics! And looking at the background trying to identify pieces is 90% of the fun :)

BTW , from what company are those beastmen? Ral Partha?